By Shaheen Jafri
- 1 cup – onions
- 1 cup – besan
- ½ tsp – cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
- ¼ tsp – turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp – red chili powder
- ¼ tsp – baking powder
- ¼ tsp – amchur powder
- Wash onion and slice them into rolls.
- In a bowl combine besan , roasted cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, baking powder, amchur powder and salt with water. Mix well.
- Mixture should be thick enough to make rings fry.
- Heat oil in a wok , dip each onion ring in the besan paste and fry it.
- Fry rings until golden and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.