- 2 cup – basmati rice
- 1 cup – matar
- 1 cup – onion, sliced
- 2-3 – whole green chilli
whole spices/whole garam masala:
- 1 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 2-3 – green cardamom (hari elaichi or chotti elaichi)
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds (jeera)
- 6-8 – black pepper
- 1 inch -cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 to 3 cloves (lavang)
- 2 – bay leave
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for half n hour and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker – splutter cumin seeds along with all the whole spices.
- Then add sliced onions, green chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes or until brown.
- Then add matar and saute for a minute and stir in drain rice.
- Saute for a minute, add required water and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles or until its done.
- Serve hot with raita.