Film set gutted in fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad (Lead)
Hyderabad Nov 13 (IANS) A film set was gutted in a fire that broke out at Annapurna Film Studios here on Monday evening police said. No one was hurt.
Huge flames erupted on the set at the studio owned by the family of popular actor Akkineni Nagarjuna in posh Banjara Hills after which five fire engines rushed there and doused the fire suspected to have been caused by a short circuit.
Nagarjuna said nobody was injured adding it was rather sad that the set erected for film Manam was gutted. He said the memories of his father and legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao were associated with it.
In this 2014 movie Nageswara Rao had acted with son Nagarjuna and grandsons Akkineni Naga Chaitanya and Akkineni Akhil.
Nagarjuna said the set was made at a cost of Rs 2 crore and was also used for Raju Gari Gadhi starring him in the lead with Samantha.