BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA WTN SPECIAL OPINION & INTERVIEW GOSSIP CORNER RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News


Chinese Couple become famous for black humour in burnt house

Sunday - January 14, 2018 12:02 am , Category : HEALTH

Nanning (China) Jan 13 (IANS) A Chinese couple has become the country s latest online celebrity after taking humorous selfies inside their burnt house.



Earlier this week the house that Zhong Cheng and his girlfriend shared in Guilin in south China s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region caught fire Xinhua news agency reported.

"I was in the bathroom and smelled (something) burning " Zhong recalled. "When I opened the bathroom door I saw a big fire."

Zhong immediately awoke his girlfriend and fetched water to try to put the fire out. The neighbours brought extinguishers and the fire was put out soon.

Later instead of running away from the wreckage in the house the couple began taking smiling selfies in their pajamas and even recorded a video of blessings for the New Year.

"We wish you the best in the new year " the couple said in the video their faces appearing black due to the smoke.

The video immediately trended on WeChat and microblog Sina Weibo. The Weibo topic "Couple s selfies in burnt house" has received more than 10 million hits. Many netizens dubbed them "the funniest couple in history".

Zhong and his girlfriend run a noodle restaurant in Guilin a popular tourist destination in south China.

"We met each other at a birthday party and were impressed by each other s sense of humour " Zhong said. "We like presenting our lives in a positive humorous way."

The accident did not have a big impact in Zhong and his girlfriend s life and they plan to move back to the house after redecoration.

"We lost items worth about 10 000 yuan ($1 500) in the fire " Zhong said.

In the video Zhong also cautioned the public about the dangers of fire.

"It is important to prevent fires in winter " Zhong said as he sits in the burnt couch. "In addition it is important to face up to life difficulties with a smile."

Zhong said that the fire could have been caused by a heater an item widely used in Guilin during cold humid winter.

The couple was invited to visit the local fire department to learn about fire prevention.

"Our experience will help raise public awareness of fire risks " Zhong said.

--IANS
him/vd