Hiring activity records a rise of 6% in June 2019 as compared to June 2018
New Delhi, 16th July 2019: The Naukri JobSpeak Index for June 2019 at (2,172), marked a 6% rise in hiring activity as compared to June 2018 (2,047).
Hiring activity in the IT-Software industry clocked in a growth of 26%, making it one of the fastest-growing industries. Professionals in functional areas like HR/Administration and Sales/ BD was at demand since the hiring for them marked a rise of 15% and 7% respectively. Hiring in Bangalore and Hyderabad recorded growth of 10% and 8% respectively.
Commenting on the report, Sumeet Singh, Chief Marketing Officer, InfoEdge India Ltd. said, “The JobSpeak index has been in growth mode for the last six months. Cities in the South and Pune continue to grow well even in June owing to IT. The Banking sector continues to dip in June. The Hiring Outlook survey is underway as we speak, looking forward to the forecast.”
Key Highlights of June 2019 vs June 2018
Hiring Trends - Industry
Besides IT-Software, other industries which showed a healthy upward trend in the recruitment activity were - Advertising/PR (14%), FMCG (8%), and Media/Dotcom (11%). The insurance industry saw a growth of 17%. However, Auto & Ancillary and Banking & Accounts witnessed a dip of 18% and 11% in hiring respectively.
Hiring Trends – Functional Area
Demand for IT Professional saw high momentum with a rise of 18%. The demand for HR/ Administration professionals grew by 15% and that for Sales / BD profile marked a rise of 7% in June 2019 vs June 2018. However, hiring for professionals in Banking and BPO area recorded a dip of 14% and 2% respectively.
Hiring Trends - Experience
The demand for beginners with an experience of 0-3 years grew by 5%, whereas mid-level executives with an experience ranging from 4-7 years grew by 8%. Recruitment activity for mid-management roles with 8-12 years of experience grew by 8%. Hiring for roles in senior management with 13-16 years of experience saw a rise of 2%. On the other hand, leadership roles with experience of 16+ years saw a dip by 2%.
The above graph depicts the year-on-year increase in hiring activity across various experience levels
Hiring Trends - City
Demand for talent grew across all metropolitan cities. Some of the emerging trends observed are as follows -
● Delhi/NCR: Hiring activity in the capital city increased by 2%. Industries that witnessed a rise in hiring are IT - Software and Accounting with a growth of 25% and 15% respectively. However, BPO and Banking saw a dip of 8% and 10% respectively. There was an increase in demand for professionals with experience of 4-7 years by 8%. However, the demand for the talent with 13-16 years of experience saw a decline of 3%
● Mumbai: Recruitment in Mumbai increased by 3% in June 2019 as compared to June 2018. The industry that registered an increase in hiring was IT- software with 36% while BPO and Banking saw a dip of 18% and 9% respectively. Demand for entry-level professionals with experience of 4-7 years saw a rise of 10% while hiring for an experience of 13-16 years and above 16 years saw a dip of 7% and 12% respectively
● Chennai: Overall hiring in Chennai grew by 3%. The industry that dominated the hiring space for the city was BPO with 30% year on year growth while Auto and Banking saw a dip of 23% and 8% respectively.
● Hyderabad: Hiring in Hyderabad increased by 8%. FMCG industry saw a growth of 37%. Hiring for Leadership positions with an experience level of 8-12 years grew by 16%
● Pune: The city witnessed an 11% rise in recruitment activity. The rise in hiring for BPO and IT-Software was 22% and 20% respectively, while hiring in the Auto industry witnessed a dip of 14%. Hiring for entry-level professionals with experience of 4-7 years saw a rise of 16%
● Bangalore: Overall hiring activity in Bangalore grew by 10%. The IT-software industry recorded a growth of 30% in Hiring. Demand for mid-senior level executives with an experience of 8-12 years saw a rise of 18% in hiring
- Window To News