By Shaheen Jafri:
- 1 cup – toor dal
- water as required
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp – cumin seeds
- a pinch of hing
- 4-5- whole garlic cloves
- 2-3 – garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – red chillli powder
- 1 tbsp – coriander leaved , chopped
- Add toor dal and water in a pressure cooker.
- Add in whole garlic cloves , red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cover the lid and cook upto 2 whistle and more 10 minutes on low flame.
- Now open the lid and lightly mashed the dal and mix coriander leave and adjust water if needed.
- In a pan heat oil and saute cumin seeds, hing, chopped garlic cloves and fry for few second.
- Then add this tadka over the dal.
- Serve hot with roti and rice.