Clooney wants quality over quantity in acting projects
Los Angeles Nov 6 (IANS) Actor George Clooney last seen on the big screen in "Money Monster" last year says there aren t "many" roles now that urge him to face the camera.
He says it would take an exciting script for him to sign on for a new movie these days reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Look I acted for a long time and you know I m 56. I m not the guy that gets the girl any more... I shouldn t be the guy that gets the girl. But look if somebody s got Paul Newman in The Verdict I d jump. But there aren t that many like that " Clooney told The Sunday Times Culture magazine.
"Acting used to be how I paid the rent but I sold a tequila company for a billion f***ing dollars. I don t need money " added the 56-year-old star.
Clooney was paid $50 000 to write produce and direct his latest film "Suburbicon". He is focussed at pushing for projects he believes in than put money ahead of creativity.
"I have money so I can fight to make movies I want to make. If you look at what I ve been in over the past 15 years for the most part they weren t going to get made if I didn t do them.
"Nobody was going to make Good Night and Good Luck Michael Clayton or Up in the Air and I fought to get those out there. (Brad) Pitt s doing that a lot too. Brad does it and that s a good use of celebrity or whatever the f**k that is.
"I ll make money other ways if I have to. I used to do coffee commercials."
--IANS
rb/