Nawazuddin s Monsoon Shootout to release after four years
Mumbai Nov 8 (IANS) Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui s "Monsoon Shootout" will release in December after a four year wait the producer said.
"For almost a year we were travelling across festivals with the film and then we wanted to wait and release the film when we felt the time was right.
"We had a successful release of Haraamkhor earlier this year and 2017 has proven to be a year when good content films were being accepted. So we feel now is the best time to release the film " producer Guneet Monga said in a statement.
Monga and her production house Sikhya Entertainment is known for producing content-driven films like "Masaan" and "Lunchbox" apart from "Haraamkhor".
"Monsoon Shootout" is a crime thriller film starring Nawazuddin Vijay Verma and Tannishtha Chatterjee.
This film is about a policeman facing a life-altering decision when he must decide to shoot or not.
It is directed by Amit Kumar who earlier made an award-winning short film called "Bypass" with Nawazuddin and Irrfan Khan.
Nawazuddin had shot for "Monsoon Shootout" immediately after "Gangs Of Wasseypur".
--IANS
rb/in