BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Actor Prakash Raj wants apology for note ban

Wednesday - November 8, 2017 5:32 pm , Category : ENTERTAINMENT
 Actor Prakash Raj wants apology for note ban
Actor Prakash Raj wants apology for note ban

Chennai Nov 8 (IANS) A year since the implementation of demonetisation actor-filmmaker Prakash Raj on Wednesday demanded an apology from the central government for committing the "biggest blunder".



In a post titled "To whomsoever it may concern" Prakash wrote on Twitter: "While the rich found ways to convert their black money into shiny new notes this disruptive impact made millions suffer helplessly and the unorganised sector workers went for spin. Would you mind saying sorry for the biggest blunder of our time?"

On November 8 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1 000 notes which he said was aimed at "eradicating black money and terror funding".

Last week Prakash -- a popular name in the Kannada Telugu and Tamil film industries -- supported actor Kamal Haasan s views on "Hindu extremists".

A month ago Prakash had also condemned the "silence" of Modi on certain sections "celebrating" the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh in Bengaluru on social media. He had said Modi s silence was "chilling".

--IANS
sas/rb/mr