Censor board officer denies getting transfer order over 21 Months of Hell
Thiruvananthapuram Jan 8 (IANS) A. Pratibha regional officer at the censor board in Kerala has denied reports that her transfer order came after a Malayalam documentary film "21 Months of Hell based on the Emergency period was rejected when it came for certification.
Pratibha told IANS: "What happened is that on January 5 I got a transfer order through email. In the very same order my counterparts in Chennai Bengaluru and Hyderabad have also been transferred.
"While they have approached the central administrative tribunal my counsel will soon approach the tribunal here as my deputation period for four years ends only in the end of this year."
Pratibha who is still the regional officer here said her transfer order has nothing to do with the denial of the censor certificate to the documentary.
"I am only a member in the censor committee and there are other members also who see the film. Last month this film came before the committee and on account of the violence and other issues the committee decided to give a report to the film that it has to be screened in Mumbai before the revising committee to be chaired by the chairman " added Pratibha.
She said the transfer order was an arbitrary one and the due process of law has not been followed. So she has been forced to seek legal recourse.
--IANS
sg/rb/dg