BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

George Michael s family says no to tribute concert

Wednesday - November 1, 2017 4:52 pm , Category : ENTERTAINMENT

London Nov 1 (IANS) Late pop icon George Michael s family has blocked TV presenter Esther Rantzen from hosting a tribute concert for the singer.



At the Pride of Britain Awards on Monday Rantzen said she had wanted to host a fundraising gig to celebrate Michael s music but his family had "said no" to the idea reports mirror.co.uk

The event would have raised a lot of money for Rantzen s charity Childline which Michael actively supported during his career.

"There will no longer be a tribute concert because his family said no. It was a real shame as I d have loved to celebrate his music and give the fans a chance to say goodbye -- and it would have been to benefit his favourite charity too " Rantzen said.

"Once the family say no there s nothing we can do " she added.

She had been discussing the prospect of a tribute concert held at the Royal Albert Hall ever since the singer s death last year.

--IANS
sas/rb/bg