BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Libyn government confirms military prosecutor s abduction

Monday - March 19, 2018 11:22 pm , Category : WORLD

Tripoli March 19 (IANS/AKI) Libya s United Nations backed unity government has confirmed the recent kidnapping of military prosecutor Masoud Rehouma media reports said.



The national unity government s Defence Ministry called for Rehouma s immediate release and warned of the consequences of his "unlawful" kidnapping the Libya Herald daily reported on its website.

The confirmation came after news of Rehouma s kidnapping had been circulating on social media and "some media outlets" since Thursday it said.

The National Commission for Human Rights in Libya (NCHRL) earlier condemned Rehouma s abduction from his home in Tripoli on Thursday and blamed Libya s head of state (Presidential Council) for inaction over the case.

"We call on the Presidential Council to quickly reveal the fate of the prosecutor free him and bring to justice those who kidnapped him " the NCHRL said in a statement.

--IANS/AKI
vd