BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Maoist attack: Trooper s sacrifice won t go in vain, says Odisha CM

Monday - June 5, 2017 4:38 pm , Category : INDIA
 Maoist attack: Trooper s sacrifice won t go in vain, says Odisha CM
Maoist attack: Trooper s sacrifice won t go in vain, says Odisha CM

Bhubaneswar June 5 (IANS) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said the sacrifice of a trooper killed in a Maoist ambush in Kandhamal district will not go in vain.

He condemned the attack on the Special Operations Group (SOG) troopers by Maoists.

Condemn cowardly attack on security personnel in Kandhamal. DGP @odisha_police is on the spot. Sacrifice of our jawan will not go in vain the Chief Minister tweeted.

At least one SOG trooper was killed and six others sustained injuries near Pokharibandha in Baliguda block late Sunday night when the security personnel were returning after completing a combing operation in Khamanakhol forest.

Kandhamal Superintendent of Police (SP) Pinak Mishra said the critically injured troopers have been shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur.

The slain trooper has been identified as Laxmikant Jani of Kalahandi district.

Mishra said combing operation had been intensified in the forest to locate the Maoists.

Meanwhile Director General of Police K.B. Singh along with other officials has reached the district to take stock of the situation.

Home Secretary Asit Tripathy said combing operations were on in Kandhamal and Kalahandi and the state government would give a fitting reply to the Maoists over the incident.

--IANS
cd/nir/vt