BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Chinese bulldozers never entered Indian territory: Army

Monday - July 3, 2017 9:58 pm , Category : INDIA
 Chinese bulldozers never entered Indian territory: Army
Chinese bulldozers never entered Indian territory: Army

New Delhi July 3 (IANS) The Indian Army on Monday dismissed reports of bulldozers being used by the Chinese army to destroy army camps in Doklam area where a stand-off is continuing between the two sides.

Some army officials who did not want to be named denied reports that the Chinese troops used bulldozers to destroy Indian Army s makeshift camps but refused to divulge any further details.

The Indian Army and the Defence Ministry have maintained a silence on the issue so far and a statement explaining the details of the incident was issued by the External Affairs Ministry on Friday.

Army officials said only the External Affairs Ministry could make a statement on the issue which involved two foreign countries -- Bhutan and China.

India in its statement on Friday denied that Indian troops crossed the boundary in the Sikkim sector of the India-China frontier and entered the Chinese territory.

It said a People s Liberation Army (PLA) s construction party entered Doklam area on June 16 and attempted to build a road despite objections from a Royal Bhutan Army patrol. Bhutan lodged a protest with China on June 20.

On Thursday Bhutan said the construction of the road inside its territory was a violation of the 1988 and 1998 agreements with China.

--IANS
ao/nir