BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Bomb threat calls received from 60 schools, says Delhi Fire Service chief

Wednesday - May 1, 2024 12:55 am , Category : INDIA
Bomb threat calls received from 60 schools, says Delhi Fire Service chief
Bomb threat calls received from 60 schools, says Delhi Fire Service chief
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) The fire department has received more than 60 bomb threat calls from schools, said Delhi Fire Service (DFS) Chief Atul Garg adding that teams are on the ground and so far nothing suspicious has been found. Meanwhile, police said that they have roped in the Special Cell also to trace the origin of the email and its IP address.According to police, in the South district, the email has been received at more than 15 schools, while more than seven in Southwest, and over six in the Dwarka district among others.“More than 40 schools have been searched by the teams and nothing suspicious has been found. Bomb squads are continuing the search. The mail was received in the early hours by schools, said a senior police official.“Investigation has been initiated in the matter, said the official.Multiple schools in the national capital, including DPS Dwarka, Sanskriti School, Indian School, St Thomas School and Amity School in Pushp Vihar, faced a chilling bomb threat via email on Wednesday.Following the bomb threat, several schools informed parents that the school would be closed on Wednesday, while others sent children home after receiving the email.A senior police official said that in the preliminary inquiry, it appears that numerous emails have been sent since Tuesday following a similar pattern.“The emails lack a date line but include 'bcc', indicating they've been sent to multiple recipients. Currently, an investigation is underway, said the official.--IANSssh/dpb

(Disclaimer: This post has been auto published from IANS news agency without any modification to the text and has not been reviewed by editor)