BrahMos WORLD INDIA MADHYA PRADESH BHOPAL WTN SPECIAL GOSSIP CORNER RELIGION SPORTS BUSINESS FUN FACTS ENTERTAINMENT LIFESTYLE TRAVEL ART & LITERATURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY HEALTH EDUCATION DIASPORA OPINION & INTERVIEW RECIPES DRINKS BIG MEMSAAB 2017 BUDGET 2017 FUNNY VIDEOS VIRAL ON WEB PICTURE STORIES Mahakal Ke Darshan
WTN HINDI ABOUT US PRIVACY POLICY SITEMAP CONTACT US
logo
Breaking News

Sanitation coverage up to 65.07% till July: Government

Thursday - July 20, 2017 10:38 pm , Category : INDIA

New Delhi July 20 (IANS) The government on Thursday said that the Swachh Bharat Mission has picked up great momentum with the sanitation coverage increasing from 41.80 per cent in October 2014 to 65.07 per cent in July 2017 and is hopeful of achieving its target by October 2019.



Replying to a question in the Lok Sabha Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Chandappa Jigjinagi said: "The sanitation coverage which was 41.80 per cent on October 2 2014 has increased to 65.07 per cent on July 17 2017."

He said that a total of 2 09 099 villages 95 521 gram panchayats 1 411 blocks and 149 districts had been declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) as of July 2017.

In addition five states namely Sikkim Himachal Pradesh Kerala Uttarakhand and Haryana have also been declared ODF.

Giving the comparative figures the minister said that as against the expected outcome of 50 lakh individual latrines for the year 2014-15 58 54 987 latrines were constructed -- an achievement of 117 per cent of the target.

During 2015-16 127.41 lakh toilets were constructed against the expected outcome of 120 lakh.

For the year 2016-17 against the expected outcome of 1.5 crore individual latrines 219.24 lakh latrines (146 per cent) were constructed.

For the year 2017-18 against the expected outcome of 1.7 crore individual latrines 45 19 942 latrines (27 per cent) have been constructed as of July 2017.

--IANS
sid/nir/bg