If you think a career in pharmacy just leads to a medical store, you are mistaken!
Pharmacy is not restricted only to medical stores. A pharmacist can be made available to work in every single field that you see out there. Yes, even IT!.
Right from making medicines to helping docs with prescription to marketing to aviation, everywhere. You just have to look inside yourself and conclude what you want to do and where do you want to work. In a conventional aspect there are Two commonly opted jobs by pharmacy students.
1. Core Pharmacy
Core pharmacy has lot of options with all the practical knowledge you acquired during your course. There are desk jobs as well as jobs which require more of a physical relation with everything in the company. Here are some job profiles in the Core pharma companies:
1. Regulatory Affairs (RA) - very popular with females. 100℅ desk job with no or minimal headache. (88% female pharmacists take up this job)
2. Quality Assurance (QA) - This is the job most pharmacists dream of aka supervisor. You have almost partial control over the companies activities.
3. Quality Control - If you love working with chemicals and colours, this might be the perfect job for you.
4. Production - Have you every thought about, "One day I will make things work for the company" then lets say this is the best foot forward.
5. Purchase department - Are good at negotiation and like keeping track on things? Why wait for anything else.
6. Packaging - you know it.
7. R&D - Are you a reseacher from the core? Then come, do something in your way for the company.
8. ADL - Yeah, researchers need help to check what they have created.
9. Microbiologist - Testing of literally all the material that comes in and out of the company to make the final product safer for consumption.
10. Marketing - Showcase your talent of covincing your product to the docs and market leaders and let the company reward you for that. (P.S.: A company spends 50% of its money on marketing, so it is the most important aspect for a company's point of view)
11. Pharmacy Engineer - Love working with machines?
These are some of the basic Executive level jobs that you can take up at core pharma levels.
If you choose IT , the options can be:-
1. Medical Coding (Insurance Coding)
2. Medical Coding (Pharmacovigilance)
3. Medical Coding (Clinical Data Management)
4. Medical Data Analyst
You just cant stop counting those jobs opportunities and where you might need a pharmacist. but if you know you have to choose an institute then School of Pharmacy & Research at People's University provides overall development and nurturing of students including academic, social, emotional and physical domains. Academia excellence has been a keyword at School of Pharmacy & Research Centre since its inception.
For more details log onto - https://www.peoplesuniversity.edu.in/Pharmacy/