Task force should be formed for treatment of Black fungus
Tuesday - May 18, 2021 11:58 pm , Category : BHOPAL
Patient must be identified early and every patient must be treated
Free treatment in 5 medical colleges of the state
Chief Minister Chouhan issues instructions through VC
Bhopal 18 May 2021: Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has directed that a dedicated task force should be set up for arrangements related to the treatment of Black Fungus ‘Mucormycosis’, which will comprise experts including Health Minister, Minister of Medical Education and ACS / PS of the concerned departments, ENT Specialist Dr. S.P. Dubey, Dr. Lokendra Dave and other experts. The task force should start functioning immediately.
Chief Minister Chouhan said that Black fungus ‘Mucormycosis’ should be identified in its primary stage and every patient must be given treatment. This work should be given the shape of a mass movement and there should be a system of testing in every district. Full cooperation of private practitioners should also be sought in this work.
Chief Minister Chouhan said that at present, this disease is being treated free of cost in 5 medical colleges in Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur and Rewa. He instructed that private hospitals should also be identified where arrangements can be made for its treatment,
Chief Minister Chouhan was discussing about Black fungus disease with ministers and officials through video conferencing from his residence today.
Every patient should be treated free of cost
Chief Minister Chouhan said that treatment of Black fungus is very expensive. Therefore, the system of its free treatment will be ensured in the state.
Injections will also be provided to private hospitals besides government hospitals
Chief Minister Chouhan said that Amphotericin-B injections which is used to treat Black fungus will be provided to private hospitals besides government medical centers as per availability. About 2500 Amphotericin injections have been received in the state and 10 thousand injections will be provided by Mylan Company to the state. Health Commissioner Akash Tripathi said that at present, 573 cases of Black fungus are being treated in 5 medical colleges of the state.
Arrangement of free Nasal Endoscopy
Medical Education Minister Vishwas Sarang informed that arrangement of free nasal endoscopy is being made in the districts for testing Black fungus. Apart from this, a desk is being made in the Medical College for its free examination.
Black Fungus: Important Facts
- This infection mainly affects people with low immunity, diabetes patients, respiratory or kidney patients, serious disease patients who have undergone organ transplantation, or those who have undergone corona treatment in the past.
- This infection infects the patient's nose, mouth, teeth, eyes and brain in serious condition.
- We can prevent black fungus infection by monitoring diabetes in patients, monitoring patients taking steroids on the advice of doctors, preventing improper and unnecessary use of steroids and broad spectrum antibiotics.
- During the use of oxygen in corona patients, we can prevent this infection by using sterile or distilled water in the Humidifier Bottle and changing the water regularly.
- Regular disinfection and proper changing of the patient's oxygen mask, cannula etc. should be ensured.
- Take proper care of eyes, nose, mouth of corona patients admitted in Covid ward, HDU, ICU etc., gargle with salt water for 4-6 weeks after recovering from Covid and keep the nose clean.
- The main symptoms of black fungus are discharge of black particles or black fluid from the nose, mouth and eyes etc., nasal congestion, pain in the bones of the cheeks around the nose, pain in teeth and jaws, blurred vision with pain and reddishness in and around the eyes and nose, fever, body turning bluish, chest pain, pain in breathing, water filling in lungs, blood vomiting, foul smell from the mouth, mental confusion.
- Black fungus infection enters through the nose and gradually affects the eye and brain.
- Initially it can be identified and treated appropriately. Do not panic; get treatment immediately when symptoms occur.
- Units have been formed in Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur and Rewa medical colleges in the state for free treatment of black fungus. Treatment has started in these areas – Window to News
June 24th, 2021
June 22nd, 2021
June 22nd, 2021